Double battery kit
Double battery kit is accessories for SkyDrop vario. It will upgrade standard SkyDrop to Double battery SkyDrop.
Gain maximum flying hours with double battery kit for SkyDrop. Turn your vario into vol-biv machine for long adventures. Weight of SkyDrop with double battery is only 88g.
Despite it is quite easy to install double battery kit, some mechanical skills are needed to successfully do it. There is risk of device damage, if user will ignore process steps! Please check support tab to learn more about installation. If you have still some doubts after reading/watching tutorial, write us at email@example.com to make everything clear. Kit contains double battery, enlarged rear cover, pair of screws and sticker.
- Weight 48g (88g total with SkyDrop)
- Dimensions 84x53 mm
- Battery 2000 mAh (rechargeable)
2000 mAh battery is more than 220% of standard 900 mAh battery, so vario will work more than twice long. Here is list of average battery life dependent on enabled functions:
- Vario only mode 26h
- Altitude logger + audio (without GPS) 24h
- Bluetooth + vario 20h
- GPS logger + vario 18h
- GPS logger + vario + Bluetooth 15h
Please read/watch tutorial for proper installation of double battery kit for SkyDrop vario. As we cannot guarantee individual technique of every single person, please note that potential damage of device is not covered by warranty. By purchasing this product, you agree with listed notes and you confirm understanding of them.
Please follow there steps:
- Remove two screws from bottom side of vario using PZ1 screwdriver and remove bottom cover. Remove also color rubber ring for better manipulation.
- Unplug battery connector using nail, don't pull cable.
- Battery is glued to main board (PCB) by very strong adhesive, so it cannot be pulled out, because it will (for sure!) destroy the SD card holder. Battery must be rotated around axis normal to PCB, what will produce shear stress to adhesive and PCB components, which will break adhesive, but not PCB.
- Put the new battery same way and on same place, footprint has both batteries the same, only thickness is different. Correct placement is symmetric between two pillions for screws.
- Connect the new battery to PCB pushing its connector to PCB.
- Place rubber ring by raised collar facing to PCB.
- Place new back cover, the first arrange USB connector into its hole, than clap the opposite side.
- Put screws back or use new ones, if they are worn. Use PZ1 tool for best results.
Watch video tutorial here.
Don't panic if you accidentally screw it up, just write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can manage after warranty repair.