SkyBean2 UA edition
Special edition of SkyBean2 mini vario.
Let's together support heroic Ukrainian people. If you buy this special version of SkyBean2 mini vario, we will send your money to refugee fund. Not just our margin, not difference from dealer price, not price minus our cost, but whole amount paid for this vario (excluding shipping), what is 75€, price without VAT.
Vario has identical functionality like standard SkyBean2 mini vario. It has just special color combination of front label.
You can learn more about vario features here
SkyBean2 is very simple to use, please check this user manual. There are several useful notes:
- Vario doesn't create IGC tracklogs, because no GPS receiver is onboard. Therefore vario's battery lasts more than 150 fly hours.
- You can set audio volume, lift and sink thresholds or choose one of three pre-set audio profiles simply by one button. However lift and sink threshold level values are defined, you can change them via simple PC configurator as well as your own acoustics.
- We recommend to mount vario on helmet close to ear pad. Put it on the opposite side of helmet, than you use to turn during takeoff, e.g. mount it next to the left ear pad of helmet, if your turning side during reverse takeoff is right.
- You can connect SkyBean2 to XCTrack app running on Android device. You will need USB OTG cable or adapter for vario connection. Choose USB sensor in Preferences>Connection & Sensors > External sensor menu. Set "Baud rate for FTDI devices" to 115200. There is "Calibrate" button, where you can see data flow, if vario is connected and turned on. Put smoothing to 1.0 (vario are is already filtered, so you don't need to filter it again). We support XCTrack app only, because other platforms don't have required HW or SW components.
- If you in any case need to re-flash firmware in vario, or you accidentally killed your SkyBean2 during update, use this support guide to solve these issues.
If you didn't find here a solution of your problem, please write us to email@example.com. Please don't send us the device back without previous consultation.