SkyBean2 is sensitive and durable mini audio vario
SkyBean2 learned and improved all good skills from its older brother SkyBean vario. This compact audio vario is durable and reliable flight assistant. Instead of breathtaking feature list, there are some practical use cases, where for sure you will find yourself:
- Beginner pilot should focus her/his attention to basic pre-flight preparation, not to set up complex flight computer. Also during flight, she/he must concentrate to all those new feelings and not to study actual glide ratio on half bar.
- Commercial tandem pilot doesn’t have space for large instruments, neither a need for obvious info in her/his well known playground.
- SkyBean2 can quietly stay for years resting in harness pocket and with pleasure will do its job, when you will forget your main vario at home.
- Everybody now has a smartphone. Those with Android can turn their phone to full featured flight computer when connecting SkyBean2 as a baro probe to XCTrack app. Suddenly, they don’t have to carry another heavy brick over the mountains.
- Are you tired of super flashing technology all around which requires so much attention to keep it alive? Is flying just your pure natural relax? SkyBean2 can serve as a little undemanding assistant, which will work for hundreds hours without energy feeding.
- Some pilots like to experiment and try to set every single variable in their world. However SkyBean2 is just a simple audio vario, it offers a plenty individual advanced settings, adjustable through friendly PC interface.
- weight 23 g
- dimensions 62x28x15 mm
- battery CR2032, 150 hours
- 3 pre-set audio profiles
- world's best barometric sensor MS5611
- USB interface for PC and Android connection
- baro data forwarding to Android app XCTrack via OTG cabel
- easy to use PC app, click here
- configurable audio volume and sink/lift threshold
- SkyBean2 variometer with strap
- adhesive 3M™ Dual Lock™ Mount
- micro USB cable
- user guide
SkyBean2 is very simple to use, please check this user manual. There are several useful notes:
- Vario doesn't create IGC tracklogs, because no GPS receiver is onboard. Therefore vario's battery lasts more than 150 fly hours.
- You can set audio volume, lift and sink thresholds or choose one of three pre-set audio profiles simply by one button. However lift and sink threshold level values are defined, you can change them via simple PC configurator as well as your own acoustics.
- We recommend to mount vario on helmet close to ear pad. Put it on the opposite side of helmet, than you use to turn during takeoff, e.g. mount it next to the left ear pad of helmet, if your turning side during reverse takeoff is right.
- You can connect SkyBean2 to XCTrack app running on Android device. You will need USB OTG cable or adapter for vario connection. Choose USB sensor in Preferences>Connection & Sensors > External sensor menu. Set "Baud rate for FTDI devices" to 115200. There is "Calibrate" button, where you can see data flow, if vario is connected and turned on. Put smoothing to 1.0 (vario are is already filtered, so you don't need to filter it again). We support XCTrack app only, because other platforms don't have required HW or SW components.
- If you in any case need to re-flash firmware in vario, or you accidentally killed your SkyBean2 during update, use this support guide to solve these issues.
If you didn't find here a solution of your problem, please write us to email@example.com. Please don't send us the device back without previous consultation.
SkyBean2 mini vario + XCTrack app flight computer
SkyBean varios chorus
Little but perfect
Customer didn't write any details
If BT in the previous comment means bluetooth then I would 100% agree. Bluetooth would be great! Do you plan to integrate it at some point?
Iphone user. would be great to have compatibility so I can connect it to my flyskyhy app! very responsive vario otherwise, not much lag
just a little display with alti and vario would be nice