- On sale!
- Save €13.00
ChaseCam for GoPro
ChaseCam is compatible with GoPro cameras Hero 3 to 7 and Session 4 and 5.
ChaseCam is designed to record awesome footage of your flights from third person view. It's not an unique product anymore, but it is still an original one, the first of a kind using "shuttlecock" shape. Several clones, which have shown up recently, just proved that this is the right way of paragliding chasecam evolution.
- ChaseCam for GoPro can hold any of GoPro Hero 3 to 7 cameras *. You don't need to use adhesive mount and risk line tangle between base plate and camera body. Camera is protected inside durable casing.
- Auto balance hanging system (applies to Hero 5 to 7) stabilize chasecam in perfect horizontal position in whole range of flight speed. You don't need to labor which hanging point is the best for your setup.
- Bungee rope has system for quick adjustable length in wide range, so it is suitable for tandem wings as well as for speed glides.
- Flexible bungee rope not only makes footage from chasecam more smooth, it also works as security element. Rarely (every!) chasecam can tangle around wing lines, mostly after massive collapse. Fact, that bungee rope then won't affect lines geometry due to its flexibility is not just comfortable feature, it is essential for your security!
- PPG pilots will also appreciate another advantage of flexible connection. During landing, when chasecam motion decelerates, bungee rope is getting shorter and therefore chasecam will avoid contact with revolving prop. Of course, properly set line length should be obvious.
- Another safety feature, particularly made for proximity speed and PPG flying, is little metal ring, which works as tension fuse. If pilot sharply turn around static obstacle, there is always possibility that chasecam can tangle or stuck there. Tension fuse will open and pilot can safely continue!
- We also took SkyBean to SIV and tested most of non standard situations, like a/symmetric collapses, spiral dives, wingovers and even fullstall. Once paraglider has forward speed, drag produced by chasecam will keep it in save distance.
* List of compatible cameras: Hero 3 White, Hero 3+ Silver, Hero 3+ Black, Hero 4 Session, Hero 4 Silver, Hero 4 Black, Hero 5 Session, Hero 5 Black, Hero 6 Black and Hero 7 Black (Hero 7 Silver is NOT compatible)
- weight 150 g (without camera)
- dimensions 24x24 cm assembled
- bungee rope length 6m
- ChaseCam head for GoPro camera
- 8 wings with binding lines
- bungee rope
- adhesive hooks&loops mount
- 2 tension fuse rings
- user guide
SkyBean ChaseCam can provide high quality service, if everything is correctly set and if it gets some care, like all other gear. This page will help you understand, what are the most important factors for long and problem-less service. Please read user guide to get best from your chasecam.
ChaseCam head is 3D printed by latest photo-polymer technology. Its shape (particularly dedicated versions) is so complicated, that it cannot be molded easily. Material used for producing chasecam heads is called "Durable" by its manufacturer and actually it is very durable, but there are some limitations. In sub zero temperatures material gets more rigid. However all kinds of snow is not problem at all, there is higher possibility of cracks or breaks when chasecam hits rock or solid ice under these conditions. Another extreme, hot weather is not problem. Heated chasecam head is just more elastic.
Despite chasecam head is robust and durable, it cannot be under long term pressure. Therefore always keep white silicone ring on side of head if camera is not inside. When packing after nice flight, your gear desires a good care after its service. For sure you pack your glider with love, so please keep just one rule when packing chasecam. Please use ZERO force when wrapping bungee rope around chasecam's body. Even small force (multiplied by many number of turns) applied to wings is transferred to head and it will surely be deformed. If this unfortunately will occur, don't panic! Take standard hair dryer, heat the head for one minute to achieve plastic state. Head should automatically return into its original shape, evenly you can help it a little.
When assembling, bind chasecam as tight as possible to make it nice symmetric and solid. The good way how to do this is to bind all wings side by side planar on table and bend this setup to desired cone shape just before the last line binding. In this case, be aware to keep the same orientation of wings.
The correct length or bungee rope is essential for nice footage. Good start point of tuning is 1 meter shorter line than last row center line (e.g. C line). Pilot should be at the bottom, not in the middle of the scene. The reason is - If chasecam flies directly behind pilot, it will head to more turbulent air than above and it is also potentially dangerous while PPG flying, due to revolving propeller just after landing. Use 4:3 camera setting (e.g. 1440p).
If there become something wrong with your chasecam, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
thank you<br /> <br /> https://vimeo.com/306658192
All perfect! Nice delivery box, easy to assembly, perfect in take-off, ultra stable in flight. In a word? Wow!! Now my tandem flights have a new video perspective for my passengers.
The SkyBean ChaseCam offers a unique perspective for both video and photography. The product itself is of very high quality and is engineered in such a way that results in exceptionally smooth footage. Once attached to the wing, the pilot can fly just as they normally would without any concern of the ChaseCam. Overall, I am very pleased with this product and I am stoked to continue using it!